|2019 (2928)||Major release (17 Sep 2019)|
- Announcement: Agent Ransack 2019
- High DPI support
- Faster file list loading, especially with ‘sticky’ sort.
- Improved PDF searching
- Updated language files
- Dedicated portable installer
- Freely available MSI files for unattended installations
- Pro mode option
- and many small fixes
|2016 (867)||Minor release (2 Mar 2017)|
- Moved to SHA-256 code signing
- Various minor bug fixes.
|2016 (865)||Minor release (19 Oct 2016)|
- Bug fix: Fixes in French translation
- Bug fix: Crash when changing criteria type during search.
- Bug fix: Rare crash when search had finished.
|2016 (864)||Minor release (10 Oct 2016)|
- Improvements to French translation
- Bug fix: Invalid context menu entry
- Bug fix: Registration code expiration issue
|2016 (863)||Bug fix release (13 Sep 2016)|
- Bug fix: Registration code issue
|2016 (862)||Major release (13 Sep 2016)|
|Full Release Announcement|
- Tabbed Searching
- Keyword color highlighting
- Search warnings/errors
- Search threads monitoring window
- Boolean support on File Name criteria
- Full IFilter support
- Agent Ransack icon that works well for dark backgrounds
- Exclude folders
- Faster searching
- UTF-8 auto detection
- Improved date/time parsing
- Bug fix: Installation issues
- Many other improvements and bug fixes
|2014 (828)||Bug fix release (Nov 24 2014)|
- Bug fix: Include file name in content searching could not be switched OFF.
|2014 (825)||Bug fix release (Sep 14 2014)|
- Bug fix: Accepting single-quotes in XML UTF declaration.
|2014 (822)||Bug fix release (Jun 23 2014)|
- Bug fix: Missing installation file for x64.
|2014 (821)||Bug fix release (Jun 20 2014)|
- Search engine upgrade.
- Bug fix: *.* not matching ALL items.
- Bug fix: Browse for folder not including current path.
|2014 (820)||Bug fix release (Mar 12 2014)|
- Bug fix: Installation issues on some computers (installer was leaving just a single InstallIssue.txt file).
- Bug fix: Double-click column header divider to auto size.
- Bug fix: Registration code crash.
- Windows 8.x related minor fixes/improvements.
|2014 (819)||Bug fix release (Feb 06 2014)|
- Bug fix: Closing app when minimized causes problems when re-starting.
- Other minor fixes/improvements.
|2014 (816)||Bug fix release (Jan 6 2014)|
- Browse for folders limit bug.
- Updated help file.
|2014 (813)||Major release (Dec 20 2013)|
- New reporting tab.
- Improved file handling functionality.
- Improved User Interface.
- New crash reporting functionality.
- Enhanced DOS Expression functionality.
- Improved exporting functionality.
- Lots of bug fixes.
|2010 (762)||Bug fix release (Mar 29 2010)|
- Added thread configuration option to switch off multi-threading.
- Fix: Focus issue with Ctrl + A on file list.
- Fix: PDF not working on some machines.
- Fix: Crash in Basic view if search with containing text checked but no text entered.
- Wizard labels needed resizing.
|2010 (759)||Major release (Mar 15 2010)|
- Boolean expressions (AND, OR, NOT).
- Supports popular office formats including Office 2007 and OpenOffice.
- Available in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- ‘FileLocator Lite’ alternative branding for corporate environments.
- New context menu features, such as Explore Here.
- More robust.
- Modernization of the User Interface.
|1.7.3||Bug Fix Release (Mar 3 2003)|
- Copy acting as Cut on certain versions of Windows 98 (thanks to Kasauli for reporting bug and testing fix).
- Executable unnecessarily linked against oleacc.dll (Win 95/NT does not install this Active Accessibility support DLL).
- WinXP shell extension bug fix.
|1.7.2||Bug Fix Release (Sep 9 2002)|
- Expression Wizard bug. Not correctly handling a couple of expression types (reported by Robert McAllester).
- Now using ShellExecuteEx instead of ShellExecute. Fixed inconsistent behaviour with WinNT.
- Fixed problem with saving results to clipboard (reported by Mike Stewart).
- Fixed major memory leak problem.
- Command line ‘-o’ option now streams directly to output file allowing unlimited search result sizes.
|1.7.1||Bug Fix Release (Jul 10 2001)|
- Fixed bug in non-string command line switches (thanks to Jody Adair for pointing it out).
- Options settings not being remembered, fixed.
- Match case on contents searching not working correctly, fixed.
|1.7.0||Enhancement release (Jul 6 2001)|
- Ability to search multiple folders.
- Ability to specify Unix (LF) and Mac (CR) as valid EOL markers (accessed through Configuration menu).
- Context menu support for multiple file selections (e.g. copy and delete multiple files).
- Ability to clear drop down list history added.
- No longer filters out foreign characters (i.e. allows anything over ASCII 32).
- Installation is now self-contained EXE (sorry it’s taken so long).
- Keyboard accelerator problem fixed (e.g. Ctrl + N etc.) and added Ctrl + A for Select All.
- Keyboard shortcuts added for dialogs (e.g. Alt + N for filename).
- More responsive to Cancel Search, especially when searching large files.
- Better validation when restoring Window to saved position and size.
- Better support for font size changes.
- Tab functionality fixed.
|1.6.0||Enhancement release (Feb 23 2001)|
- Ability to save results (file names and/or contents) to a file or the clipboard.
- Shell extensions. Agent Ransack adds itself to the context menu for folders and the Find menu.
- One Phase Searching option to allow for more efficient contents searching of large drives (disables progress meter).
- Command line parameter to perform search without GUI and output results to a file (AgentRansack.exe -h to see all parms).
- Access to folder denied Stack Fault bug fix (mainly a problem with Network drives).
- Better support for non-English language characters.
- Truncates lines that are over 5,000 characters.
- Supports DOS expression ‘;’ for specifying multiple file names.
- Printing bug fix.
- Minor aesthetic changes.
|1.5.0||Enhancement release (Oct 21 2000)|
- Highlight found text in user specified color
- Command line parameters
- Ability to switch off regular expression for contents searching
- Better print preview and page numbers
- Supports UNC names
- Ability to specify exclude file names
- Shows folder names
- All fields are now horizontally scrollable
- Fixed “Abnormal program termination” on bad files bug (uncaught exception).
- Use Windows color preferences
- Remember window size, position & font.
- Fix for “Please enter date/time” bug. (Replaced COleDateTime with Chris Sells’ CComDATE.)
- Minor aesthetic changes
|1.0.2||Minor release (May 21 2000)|
- Added support for different Windows font sizes (e.g. Large fonts).
- Added additional file list view columns: Size, Modified, Type.
- Added sort functionality to file list view.
- Added ability to ‘Remember’ options.
- Fixed interpretation of ‘&’ bug in Contents view.
- Folder drop down speeded up.
- Basic Search Wizard examples reworded.
- Size filter bug fixed.
- Various minor bugs fixed.
|1.0.1||Bug fix release (Apr 19 2000)|
- Registration code bug fix.
- Error message when listing directory history if not connected to network and history includes a networked drive.
– Did not fully validate search directory name.
|1.0||Initial release (Apr 10 2000)|